Monday, February 1, 2016

Smile

johnny optimism, medical, humor, sick, jokes, boy, wheelchair, doctors, hospital, stilton jarlsberg, death, grim reaper, grin reaper

BONUS!

Readers, today is my late father's birthday, and as has become sporadic tradition here I'd like to share one of the many, many cartoons he doodled over the years (when not cartooning professionally, among many other things).

Unquestionably, his influence and off-center sense of humor are still very much alive in Johnny Optimism, and there's nothing he'd enjoy more today than delivering a laugh posthumously (but not post-humorously).

Happy Birthday, Pa!


4 comments:

TrickyRicky said...

Stilton, loved your Dad's cartoon. Enjoy your fond memories today.

Anonymous said...

Stilton -

Good to see that the apple did not fall far from the tree and it is carrying on a family tradition. Your Pa is proud of you!

Robbie in Pittsburgh

Stilton Jarlsberg said...

@TrickyRicky- Happily, there are LOTS of fond memories.

@Anonymous- The older I get, the more I'm like him. He never saw any Johnny cartoons, but I have no doubt that he would have enjoyed them.

SC said...

Hi Stilt, It's nice of you to share your Dad's humor with us, thanks. The older I get, the more I miss my folks. Take care, SC