Friday, July 3, 2020

July 4th - Birthday Present for America!

johnny optimism, medical, humor, sick, jokes, boy, wheelchair, doctors, hospital, stilton jarlsberg, book, free, kindle, volume two, 4th of July
What better way to celebrate the 4th of July than with a red, white, and blue book that's free? To celebrate the release of Johnny Optimism's second mega-collection, I'm giving the Kindle version away absolutely free on Friday July 3, Saturday July 4, and Sunday July 5th.


Note: before ordering, be sure the price shows as free (and not just "free for Kindle Unlimited")! Prices change at midnight, and it might take an hour or so more for the $0.00 price to show up.


You can read this immense treasury of humor on any computer, smartphone, or tablet - just download the appropriate free Kindle reading app from Amazon at this link. And reading on even a small device doesn't stink, because I fiddled around with the book's code to embed an "easy reading" mode: just turn your device sideways, tap on any page, and you'll suddenly see just one cartoon at a time at a size which won't make you go blind! Tap on the right to go to the next cartoon, or tap on the left to go backwards.

There's also a beautiful paperback edition available for just $5.99 with free Prime shipping. No respectable bathroom, coffee table, or doctor's waiting room should be without it! (And Volume One is still available too, at $5.99 for either the print or Kindle version)

A Special Favorafter downloading the book, I'd really appreciate any reviews you'd care to post on Amazon. Amazon promotes (or demotes) books based on their popularity and reviews, so it really makes a huge difference. And reviews can be short and sweet - just a sentence or two! But please don't mention politics in your reviews - Johnny's got enough problems already!

Please feel free to share this link to the free Kindle book with family, friends, on social media, or with whomever is in the hospital bed next to yours - but remember, this 4th of July freebie is only available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!

johnny optimism, medical, humor, sick, jokes, boy, wheelchair, doctors, hospital, stilton jarlsberg, book, free, kindle, volume two, 4th of July

7 comments:

M. Mitchell Marmel said...

A happy and healthy 4th to you and yours! Chug some Clan MacGregor, sit back and enjoy some fireworks that are meant to entertain, for a change!

TrickyRicky said...

What a great time to drop Volume 2! This has to be an omen of better things to come in the second half of a horrible year. I'm sure that's how Johnny sees it.

Kurt said...

Thank you so much for the gift, Stilton! And do have an enjoyable 4th of July!

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS, in Vernal, Utah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS, in Vernal, Utah said...

Hooray!

I successfully downloaded the free Kindle edition into my Kindle Fire 10, and into the hard drive of my Hewlett Packard laptop computer.

I also ordered six (06) copies of, "JOHNNY OPTIMISM - VOLUME TWO", to distribute, while keeping one (01) copy for my personal library.

Sitting here by desk are five (05) of six (06) copies of, "JOHNNY OPTIMISM - VOLUME ONE", which I purchased for similar distribution.

THANK YOU so very much, and HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY ! ! !

Stilton Jarlsberg said...

@M. Mitchell Marmel- Thank you, sir! I will not let the weight of the world dim my enthusiasm for the 4th of July!

@TrickyRicky- I think Johnny would be mildly amused at the level of panic outside his hospital walls just now. "If misery loves company," he might say, "at least no one is lonely anymore." (And yes, I'm damn well going to turn that into a cartoon!)

@Kurt- Enjoy the cartoons, and happy 4th of July right back at you!

@John Robert Mallernee- I feel pretty safe in proclaiming you to have the world's largest number of Johnny Optimism books! I hope you (and others!) will enjoy the book - out of a pool of 800 or so cartoons which weren't in the previous book, I chose what I considered the best 600 to share. And by "best," I mean I tried to weed out the occasional stinkers (grin).

M. Mitchell Marmel said...

Translated:

Chevrolet

Spalat Shutter refrigerator,

dishwasher, granite sink, the

best Iranian built-in oven


I think I'd buy a "Spalat Shutter" refrigerator for the name alone. :D